Wesley is looking for a new Youth Coordinator. Please pass the word onto anyone that you think might be interested.
United Church - Regina SK
Wesley United Church is seeking a mature, trusting and
open minded individual to act as Youth Coordinator.
The Youth Coordinator will engage in a relational
ministry with children of all ages, with a focus on middle years and high
school age youth through the development and leadership of programming. The work of the Youth Coordinator will foster
a church environment for the children and youth, which supports their inclusion
in the life of Wesley United Church. This position will provide mentorship for
children of all ages and act as a role model for church youth. The successful
candidate will be approachable, respectful, open to varying beliefs and
perspectives; and able to carry on discussions in a caring and nurturing
- Develop and implement goals for
children’s and youth ministry that align with the theology, values and mission
of Wesley United Church.
- With the support of the Christian
Education (CE) Division and the designated minister, design, plan, organize and
lead middle and high school age youth programs, including regular meetings.
- Offer leadership and
participate in other children’s and youth programming, events and activities as
initiated by self or the CE Division.
- Meet regularly with the
designated minister to report on activities and collaborate on future plans.
- Attend Sunday morning worship service at Wesley United Church.
- Prior experience working with youth or children (volunteered or
paid) is an asset.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High school diploma required.
- Driver’s license is required with access to vehicle an asset.
- Criminal record check/vulnerable sectors check is required.
Start Date and Hours of Work:
- The tentative start date for this position is mid September
2014. The Youth Coordinator will work approximately
15 – 20 hours per month which will vary throughout the month and the year.
send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.